Goju Ryu Karate Do Embroidery
Left to Right. Chojun Miyagi Sensei Founder of Goju Ryu 2. Masakazu Kuramoto Sensei 8th Dan at Manza, Okinawa. 4. Morio Higaonna Sensei in San Diego, CA.
The Naming of Goju Ryu Karate by Chojun Miyagi Sensei:
Perhaps this was because because he himself suffered terribly from sea-sickness, and did not want to make the long journey for a single event. After a powerful performance of Sanchin and Sesan, Shinzato was asked the name of his style, which at that time they referred to only as TI or fist.
On his return to Okinawa, Jin’an Shinzato told his teacher about this, and Miyagi Sensei decided that they needed a name for their own unique style of karate..
“Within the text of the Bubishi, an ancient and much respected Chinese manual of martial strategy, there are eight Kenpo Haku (martial poems). A line from one of these reads: “Ho go ju dento” (the way of inhaling is hardness and softness).
Given the unique nature of Chojun Miyag Sensei’s style, containing as it did hard and soft techniques with a strong emphasis on breathing, GOJU RYU Hard-soft method seemed to be an ideal name.
Meijin uniforms are preferred by Goju Ryu stylists because of their strength, comfort, and the fact that many of its unique features were incorporated at the request of the greatest living exponent of Goju Ryu, Morio Higaonna Sensei, including the special cut of the pants and the extra loops for the waist cord.
For a detailed explanation of Japanese translations, please see here. Please remember that if you buy a new Meijin Gi we will embroider your style or translate and embroider your name in Japanese on to your new uniform for FREE.
• Goju Ryu Karate Do Embroidery is available in calligraphy styles Kaisho (semi-formal) and Gyosho (cursive style). When you order please choose the position of the embroidery on the left chest of the jacket or on the lower lapel of the jacket above the manufacturer’s label. If you have a special requirement please call us on 818 889 3856.
• Our designs are hand-digitized by our own staff, stitch by stitch. They are then under-sewn before the design is completed using heavy-duty Japanese industrial sewing machines.
• We use only the highest quality materials from manufacturers in Japan and Germany.
• Our service is fast and accurate: we normally ship within 7–10 days of receipt of your order, often much sooner.
• Guaranteed accurate FREE Japanese translations and no “set up” charges saving you as much as $65 per uniform.
• For Our Goju Ryu Embroidery designs we use ONLY Grade A imported German Dacron thread from the Masera company in the following colors: very red, traditional Japanese gold, jet black, platinum white, gold or silver luster, blue, navy or midnight blue, & brown.
• Custom design service: please call, 1 (818) 889-3856.
• FREE UNIFORM EMBROIDERY service up to a value of $15 per uniform for Goju Ryu Karate Do Embroidery. Our Japanese embroidery is of the very highest quality and we guarantee that it is correct as far as spelling and grammar are concerned. We also offer a very fast shipping, most uniforms shipping from our embroidery studio within seventy-two our of our receipt of your order! Please use the embroidery coupon when you check out. The majority of our designs cost just $15 so for purchasers of new Meijin uniforms, it’s FREE