Undoubtedly as Japan had invaded Manchuria on 18 September 1931 this was likely a response to political correctness.
The best, most interesting and accurate books on the history of Karate are Okinawa Karate: The Exquisite Art and Shotokan Karate: A Precise History. The first title was commissioned by the Okinawan Prefectural Government to commemorate the opening in 2017 of the $60,000,000 Karate Kaikan in Okinawa. The first edition was distributed by the government to libraries and karate dojo in Okinawa while the second edition sold out within weeks and is now a valuable collectors’ item. The second title, despite its name deals with the development of karate as a whole as it impossible to separate the styles, certainly until the 1950s.
Both books are beautifully produced heirloom volumes that are crammed with well documented information and masses of vintage photos. If you find a copy, snap it up!
• Available in calligraphy styles Kaisho (semi-formal) and Gyosho (cursive style). When you order please choose the position of the embroidery on the left chest of the jacket or on the lower lapel of the jacket above the manufacturer’s label. If you have a special requirement please call us on 818 889 3856.
• Our designs are hand-digitized by our own staff, stitch by stitch. They are then under-sewn before the design is completed using heavy-duty Japanese industrial sewing machines.
• We use only the highest quality materials from manufacturers in Japan and Germany.
• Our service is fast and accurate: we normally ship within 7–10 days of receipt of your order, often much sooner.
• Guaranteed accurate FREE Japanese translations and no “set up” charges saving you as much as $65 per uniform.
• We use ONLY Grade A German Dacron thread in the colors: very red, traditional Japanese gold, jet black, platinum white, gold or silver luster, blue, navy or midnight blue, & brown.
• Custom design service: please call, 1 (818) 889-3856.
• FREE UNIFORM EMBROIDERY service up to a value of $15 per uniform. Please use the embroidery coupon when you check out. The majority of our designs cost just $15 so for purchasers of new Meijin uniforms, the embroidery is FREE